Recognised independence and technical ability
Accreditation is the formal recognition of the independence and technical capacity of an evaluation entity regarding compliance and capacity to carry out its work in accordance with internationally-recognised standards.
AENOR possesses close to 190 accreditations, acknowledgements, agreements and appointments for activities of certification, validation, verification, inspection and testing, awarded by different national and international institutions, among whom we can reference:
The activities of AENOR accredited and recognised (304 kB) reach a multitude of services of a voluntary and statutory nature in the areas of quality, the environment, health and safety at work, R&D, food, construction, the automotive industry, etc.
These multiple acknowledgements mean that AENOR, its activities and staff, are subject to more than 100 days annually of audit and monitoring by the aforementioned organisations and others. Everything is based on AENOR's nature and method of operation:
- it is a legal entity separate from its members and fully authorised to work towards accomplishing its own goals, through its bodies, in accordance with applicable legislation, its Articles of Association and the System of Internal Rules and Regulations,
- it is a non-profit multi-sectorial association which, in addition to decision-making in the certification process, guarantees that its actions are impartial,
- it implements and documents a Quality Management System based on process-based management and complies with all applicable international standards, such as UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17021, UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025, etc.,
- it has established specific conditions and procedures for the granting, maintenance, extension, suspension and withdrawal of the certification and inspection in its corresponding Regulations,
- it has staff qualified in all sectors in which inspection and certification activities are carried out, always fulfilling international accreditation requirements or statutory requirements that apply,
- it demands that all the staff, subcontractors or collaborators involved in certification or inspection undertake a series of confidentiality, independence and impartiality commitments, and guarantee also that they have no link whatsoever to the evaluations in which they participate.
- it exercises sufficient control over the ownership, use and publication of licenses, certificates and seals of compliance.
If you would like to know more about any accreditation in particular or receive specific details about the scope of the accreditations in cases where they are granted by product groups or categories, please direct your enquiry to email@example.com